Unfortunately I haven't been able to participate the past few weeks, but I can this week. As such, I'm going to cheat a little and I hope you all forgive me.
In August of 2012, in Dallas, Texas I had the pleasure of meeting many authors I enjoy reading at Siren Publishing's Readers/Writers conference. I met Lexi Blake who was writing as Sophie Oak (ate lunch with her too), Tymber Dalton, Heather Rainier, Marla Monroe, Jane Jamison, Cara Covington and many others. It was my experience at that conference that pushed me to "get off my ass" so to speak and begin my journey into becoming published.
Now on to my list...asking for 5 is impossible...so the cheating...
1. Evernight authors as a whole. An amazing, talented group of authors I still can't believe I'm associated with. There are several (they know who they are) who I interact with almost daily - I appreciate their friendship, support and advice more than I can say.
2. Fellow Italian Jennifer Probst. Wonderful writer and teacher of the craft.
3. Donna Michaels. She also writes about those hunky men in uniform.
4. Bella Andre - a master of series.
5. Julia Kent - to me, she's the queen of romantic comedies. I try to add a little comedy in my stories, but she's the master. I have so much to learn from Julia.