I did quite a bit of research on the wedding industry and wanted to share a little of what I learned. I'll share more as we get closer to the book's release.
- Every year an average of 2.4 million weddings are performed in the U.S.
- Weddings represent a $50 billion annual industry
- The average amount spent on a bridal gown is $1564
- David's Bridal accounts for 20% of all bridal gown sales
- Queen Victoria, who married Prince Albert in 1840, popularized the white wedding gown. She wore a white silk and lace gown with an 18-foot train at their wedding.